Psychologists are experts in human behaviour. If you are concerned about a range of issues such addictions, stress, relational problems or workplace matters the APS has plain speaking fact sheets on the most common ones to check out for free.
3 million Australians are living with depression or anxiety. Beyondblue is working to reduce the impact of depression and anxiety in the community by raising awareness and understanding, empowering people to seek help, and supporting recovery, management and resilience. Take its one minute check-list if you are unsure of how it is with you.
Lifeline provides 24/7 crisis support and suicide prevention services. Ph: 13 11 14.
Danger – Phone 000
If you feel your life is in danger call 000. Stay focused, stay relevant, stay on the line.
- Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
- Is your life or property being threatened?
- Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If you answered YES call Triple Zero (000). Triple Zero calls are free.
Queanbeyan Mental Health Service
The Queanbeyan Hospital provides case management, individual, family, group work and community development. Comprehensive mental health service for adults, aged persons and children.
- Telephone: 02 6128 9900 or 1800 677 114 FREE (triage/new referrals)
- Fax: 02 6299 6243
Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT)
- The Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) provides a 24-hour, seven day a week service used for assessment and treatment of mentally ill people in crisis situations. Call the CATT Mental Health Triage Service on (24 hour service) on 1800 629 354 FREE (24 hour service) or (02) 6205 1065 on (24 hour service)
Access to Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Provides assessment and treatment 7 days a week during business hours. Referrals are received from General Practitioners, School Counsellors or other concerned health professionals.
To make a referral, please phone CAMHS on (02) 6205 1971 or Fax (02) 6205 2627.
For after hours, please contact CATT on free call 1800 629 354 FREE.